Class Trip To France And Italy

As I've already said in my Segovia and El Escorial post, the seniors go for their never-to-forget class trip at the beginning of their last year at school.

The destinations they choose are mostly Prague, Athens and Barcelona. I've been on 3 such trips so far, to Madrid-Barcelona, Athens and the French Riviera - The Tyrrhenian Sea.


The students on the France/Italy trip thought that the main purpose of such trips is to get drunk as often as possible. I slept for only 12 hours during those 7 days and although I reluctantly remember the details of their awful behavior, this trip was the nicest, regarding everything we saw. Besides, the three (also foreign language) teachers chaperoning the students were of great help to me in dealing with difficult students and problems they caused. Being good friends for more than ten years, we managed to find the positive side of almost any situation and we had a lot of laughs.

From Zagreb we went to Nice in France, from where we took excursions to Cannes, Antibes and Monte Carlo. After 3 days we continued our journey and arrived in Italy. In Genoa we enjoyed ourselves immensely in the Aquarium. I've been to several other aquariums all over the world, but this one is simply the best.

Our hotel in Marina di Massa was to be our base for the next few days. It was situated right on the beach. Not far from it was a good disco, which the kids enjoyed. From there we went to Sienna, Florence, Pisa and San Gimignano. These cities are incredibly beautiful, as a matter of fact, the whole Tuscany is stunnigly beautiful.



And again, seeing the Leaning Tower of Pisa for the first time gave me goosebumps. It's amazing how things that I've seen a million times in movies, magazines, other people's photos etc. make such a strong impression on me. It was the same with the Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge. I guess it's because I take them for granted, and then I'm simply floored when I stand in front of them.